1. Export a SRT subtitle file from DaVinci Resolve
1. Select the sequence in your media tab.
2. In the menu select "File -> Export -> Subtitle."
3. Choose "Subtitle Files (*.srt)" from the dropdown menu and save your file.
2. Use the "Marker Converter" to convert the SRT subtitle file into a MIDI marker file
Open the free Marker Converter, select "SRT" and set "convert" to "Avid Pro Tools > Midi Markers (.midi)". Generate and download the file. If you have problems converting the file, you can contact the free support.
3. Import the MIDI marker file into Avid Pro Tools
Under "File -> Import -> Midi" you can import the generated marker file into Pro Tools. Select the file and then "Add Midi Track".
ℹ️ If there is already a midi track with markers, you have to remove them first. If your session is not at 00:00:00:00 the imported markers have an offset. Therefore, when converting, specify your timeline start timecode from your Pro Tools session (you can find this option under "more Options" in the form above). Often this is 01:00:00:00.
Thats it. If the tutorial helped you, please share it and support us on Buy Me A Coffee. And if you have any ideas to improve the workflow even more, let us know!