1. Export a VTT subtitle file from DaVinci Resolve
1. Select the sequence in your media tab.
2. In the menu select "File -> Export -> Subtitle."
3. Choose "Subtitle Files (*.vtt)" from the dropdown menu and save your file.
2. Use the "Subtitle Tool & Converter" to convert the VTT subtitle file into an Avid DS (Subcap) subtitle file
Open the free Subtitle Tool & Converter, select "VTT" and set "convert" to "Avid DS (Subcap)". Generate and download the file. If you have problems converting the file, you can contact the free support.
3. Import the Avid DS (Subcap) subtitle file in Avid Media Composer
Open your video in Avid Media Composer and go to "Tools > Effect Palette > Generator > SubCap". Drag SubCap onto the video track in your timeline. Go to "Tools > Effect Editor > Caption Files > Import Caption Data" and select the SubCap file from your computer.
Thats it. If the tutorial helped you, please share it and support us on Buy Me A Coffee. And if you have any ideas to improve the workflow even more, let us know!