1. Use the "Subtitle Tool & Converter" to convert a SRT subtitle file into an EDL marker file
Open the free Subtitle Tool & Converter, select "SRT" and set "convert" to "DaVinci Resolve > Sequence (.edl)". Generate and download the file. If you have problems converting the file, you can contact the free support.
2. Import the EDL marker file in DaVinci Resolve
1. Create the new timeline or open the timeline in your project.
2. Make the right click on the sequence timeline in your media tab. It will open the popup.
3. Navigate to: "Timelines > Import > Timeline Markers from EDL".
3. Select the edl marker file for Resolve and the markers will be loaded.
ℹ️ In case you don't see any markers, make sure they are in the right timecode area and try to zoom out of your timeline. If you can not find the option "Timeline Markers from EDL" make sure you selected a sequence in your media tab. Resolve does not support special chars in markers.
Thats it. If the tutorial helped you, please share it and support us on Buy Me A Coffee. And if you have any ideas to improve the workflow even more, let us know!